Five to seven years olds
What five to seven years olds can do at their own level
- They can talk about what they are doing.
- They can tell you about what they have done or hear.
- They can plan activities.
- They can argue for something and tell you why they think what they think.
- They can use logical reasoning.
- They can use their vivid imaginations
- They can use a wide range of imagination pattern in their mother tongue.
- They can understand direct inter-action.
Eight to ten years olds
Children of ten are relatively mature children with an adult side and a children side. May of characteristics listed above will thinks of the past.
- Their basic concept are formed. They have very decicide views of word.
- They can tell the difference between fact and fiction.
- They ask question all the time.
- They rely on the spoken word as well as the physical world to convey an understand meaning.
- They are able to make some decision about their own learning.
- They have definite views about waht they like and what don't like doing.
- They have a develop sense of fairness about what happens in classroom and begin to question the teacher's decisions.
- They are able to work with others and learn from others.